SEO – Simply Explained
SEO is complicated, so let me explain it as simply as I can.
What is SEO?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimisation. We use search engines every day to find goods and services online.
SEO is the art and science of having your website found online by people who are actively searching for your products and services on search platforms or search engines.
So, in essence, websites need to be found or introduced to search engines, so they know that the website exists.
SEO is an attraction-based marketing technique
The simplest way to describe SEO is
Keywords Content Links
Yes, there is far more to SEO than that, however quite simply, this is the basis of SEO.
There’s a Powerful Thing Called Search
- Did you know that there are over 5 billion searches conducted each and every day using search engines such as Google?
- From those searches, 88% of people who search for local goods or products & services go on to call or visit a business within the following 24 hours
- The shocking part is, less than 25% of local businesses stand a chance of showing up in any of these relevant searches
So, let’s think about how your business may be faring in this SEO game.
Let me summarise …
- SEO is science based on data.
- The data is produced from keyword research. Don’t worry about keyword research, that’s what we do for you!
- That is what allows us to create your marketing strategy.
- Your content that is created from the keyword research makes your website favourable to search engines like Google.
- It’s a relationship between the search engines and your website.
Creating a good relationship with Google
- One of the best ways to develop a good relationship with Google is content.
- Quality content builds a rock-solid relationship
- If you put good, quality and relevant content on your website that answers the questions that searchers are asking questions about, Google will index that accordingly.
- The next time you put more quality, relevant content on your website, Google recognises that.
- Follow that with third time, Google sees a pattern and then sees your website as a trusted authority.
- You now have a relationship with Google, and it expects good quality relevant content from your website.
SEO is both an art and a science that gives you a great return on investment.
If you would like our team to work with you on your SEO, give us a call at Biz Connect.